PENNS GROVE BOROUGH
Penns Grove Borough PD is accepting applications for a fully Certified Police Officer and Class II Police Officer. Applications can be obtained from the Municipal Clerk’s Office, 1 State St., Penns Grove, NJ from 8am-4pm. ABSOLUTELY NO TELEPHONE CALLS.
LITTLE FALLS PD
The Little Falls Police Department is now accepting applications and resumes for the position of Police Officer. Click here for more information.
ELMWOOD PARK PD
The Elmwood Park Police Department is interested in hiring retired police officers to work the security detail for our municipal court. The detail is every Tuesday from 13:00 hours to hours (occasionally it runs until ). The compensation is $20.00 per hour paid through the Borough. The officer would be hired under the title Special Law enforcement Officer II. The detail is manned by 2 officers. One operates and monitors the metal detector, and one provides security for the Judge and court personnel. After all persons have entered the courtroom, the second officer provides additional security inside the courtroom.
CHERRY HILL POLICE DEPARTMENT
Tactical Operations Analyst
- A comprehensive pre-employment background investigation is required as a condition of employment.
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- New Jersey residency required pursuant to NJSA 54:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70), if selected for the position.
ROXBURY TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT
During the period of July 8, 2014 to August 12, 2014, the Roxbury Township Police Department will be accepting registrations to take a written entry exam for the position of Patrolman. If you meet the eligibility requirements below, you may register at Roxbury Township Police Headquarters located at 1715 Route 46,
At the time of the exam, applicants must have 60 college credits with (2) years of any type of gainful employment,
Honorable Discharge from the Military with a minimum of (3) years service.
We will not be accepting past test scores unless it is a previous score from a Roxbury Written Test in the last two years.
You will need a money order in the amount of $75.00, payable to the
Any applicant that is eligible and is currently a full PTC certified law enforcement officer please contact Detective Holland at 973-946-5008 or email@example.com prior to registration.
Any questions related to eligibility or the hiring procedure should be directed to Detective Holland at 973-946-5008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHREWSBURY POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Shrewsbury Borough Police Department is accepting applications for the positions of Police Officer and Special Law Enforcement Officer Class II. We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must possess a current Class A, waiverable SLEO II or Alternate Route certificate. Applications will also be accepted from any applicant who will graduate the Alternate Route program by December 31, 2014.
Applications are available at www.shrewsburyboro.com
Shrewsbury Police Department Dispatch
419 Sycamore Ave.
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Application Deadline is June 30, 2014
BOROUGH OF HAWTHORNE
The Borough of Hawthorne, Passaic County New Jersey will be accepting applications for the position of police officer with a starting salary of $40,077.00.
1) H.S. Diploma or G.E.D.
2) NJ PTC certification as a law enforcement officer, or currently enrolled in an Aternate Route Academy class in NJ.
3) Valid NJ Drivers License.
Applications will be available in person at the Hawthorne Police Department from June 2 through June 6, 2014 from the Chief of Police.
Applications must be returned in person no later than June 13, 2014 to the Chief of Police.
The Borough of Hawthorne is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RIVERTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Riverton Police Department is accepting applications regarding an anticipated opening for the position of full-time police officer. The starting salary will be dependent upon the provisions of the current labor contract, training, certifications, prior experience and education as applicable. To be considered for appointment to this position, the applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements.
Except as otherwise provided by law, no person shall be appointed as a member of the Police Department unless he or she:
1. Is at least 18 years of age.
2. Is a citizen of the United States.
3. Is a resident of the State of New Jersey at the time of appointment and possesses a valid New Jersey driver's license.
4. Is of good health and able to pass a medical examination that satisfies guidelines provided by the N.J. Police Training Commission.
5. Is of sound mind and is able to successfully pass psychological testing establishing fitness for duty as a police officer.
6. Is able to read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently.
7. Is of good moral character, and has not been convicted of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude. (The applicant will be required to submit to a criminal background check to determine eligibility for employment).
8. Is able to successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation.
9. Must have completed the N.J. State certified police training program.
To apply for this position you must send a copy of your resume by 6/131/14 to:
Chief John Shaw
Riverton Police Department
501 Fifth Street
Riverton, NJ 08077
All resumes will be reviewed and applicants will be notified if they are selected to move to the next step of the hiring process. Thank you for your interest in employment with the Riverton Police Department. Please do not call Police Headquarters. You will be contacted if you are selected to advance to the next step.
CHATHAM TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Chatham Township Police Department is now applications and resumes for the position of Police Officer. The requirements are as follows:
- New Jersey Police Training Commission (PTC) certified or currently enrolled in a Basic Course for Police Officers at an accredited New Jersey Police Academy. (NO waivers accepted)
- U.S. Citizen and New Jersey resident.
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver's license.
- Not less than 21 years of age or older than 35 years of age at time of appointment.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Of good moral character, sound body and good health.
- Not convicted of any offense involving dishonesty or which would make the candidate unfit to perform the duties of a police officer.
- Finalists must undergo a background investigation, medical examination, psychological examination and take/pass a drug test.
Interested candidates must submit a resume, cover letter, copy of Police Training Commission certification and application by June 6, 2014 to:
Chatham Township Police Department
401 Southern Boulevard
Chatham, New Jersey 07928
Attn. Lieutenant Thomas Miller
Applications can be obtained by visiting www.ctpd.net
All resumes and applications will be reviewed and only those applicants chosen to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted for an interview. All other resumes will be kept on file.
CHATHAM TOWNSHIP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MANALPAN TWP. POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Manalapan Township Police Department is accepting resumes for the position of Special Law Enforcement Officer Class II. We are an accredited law enforcement agency and an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must possess a current, waiverable SLEO II certificate and possess at least 60 college credits. Resumes should be sent to Chief Christopher Marsala at the Manalapan Township Police Department, 120 County Route 522, Manalapan, New Jersey 07726. Resume deadline is May 31, 2014.
MEDFORD TWP. POLICE DEPARTMENT
Civilian Police Technician
The Medford Township Police Department is currently accepting resumes for a part-time police technician. Prior law enforcement experience is preferred. The position will serve to support various functions within the Police Department, including but not limited to, evidence management and fleet maintenance. Those interested should send their resume to Chief Richard J. Meder, 91 Union Street Medford, NJ. 08055 by. EOE.
Special Police Officer (SLEO II)
The Medford Township Police Department is current accepting resumes for the position of part-time Class II Special Law Enforcement Officer. Applicants must possess a current N.J. Police Training Commission Certification as a Class II Special Officer from an approved Police Academy. Those interested, should send their resume to Chief Richard J. Meder, 91 Union Street Medford, N.J. 08055 by. EOE
BURLINGTON CO. BRIDGE COMMISSION PD
MENDHAM TWP Police Department - CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
The Burlington County Bridge Commission seeks full-time Police Officer for BCBC Police Dept. Submit letter of consideration and resume by to: BCBC, 1300 Rte 73 N, PO Box 6, Palmyra, NJ 08065, Attn: J.Jeffers.
- Current Class II or Fully Certified Officer
- US citizen
- sound in body and of good health
- must successfully pass medical and/or psychological exams
- ability to read, write, and speak the English language well and intelligently
- good moral character, and not convicted of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude
- age 21 or over
- graduate from NJ Police Training Commission certified Police Academy
MIDDLE TWP. PD
The Middle Township Police Department is currently accepting resumes for the position of Class II Special Law Enforcement Officer.
Applicants must possess a current New Jersey Police Training Commission Certification as a Class II Special Police Officer from an approved Police Academy, a valid New Jersey Driver's license and meet all qualifications of N.J.S.A 40A:14-146 et seq.
Interested candidates should mail or hand deliver a resume and cover letter to:
Middle Township Police Department
31 Mechanic Street
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
Attn: Captain John Edwards
The Township of Middle is an Equal Opportunity Employee.
Any candidate that sent in a resume on the prior posting need not re-apply, your information is on file.
The date for accepting of resumes will be extended to June 1, 2014.
The East Windsor Township Police Department is currently seeking candidates for the position of Probationary Police Officer. Following are the requirements of the position:
Be a citizen of the United States of America
Be a resident of the State of New Jersey at time of appointment
Be more than 21 and less than 35 years of age at time of appointment
Be sound in body and of good health sufficient to satisfy the Board of Trustees of the Police Recruitment System of New Jersey that such person is eligible to membership in the retirement system
Be able to read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently
Be of good moral character and must not have been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude
Possess a valid New Jersey driver's license