Building a Latent Shield: How to Protect Your Officers, Your Agency and Yourself from Bad Outcomes
Policing is a profession where human error, mistakes, and well-intentioned bad decisions can have disastrous, far-reaching consequences. As police leaders and managers, we do our best to use the triad of policy, training and documentation to keep the bad things from happening. But as our daily ritual of putting out fires and playing whack-a-mole shows us, it is not enough. From damaged equipment and injured officers, to bad publicity and lawsuits, the cycle of unintended outcomes continues.
This cutting-edge, one day course will show you an easy and powerfully effective way to find the problems lying in wait, anticipate failures, and significantly reduce bad outcomes. Using proven methods employed successfully by other high-value industries, participants will learn how to find and fix the problems that exist (sometimes out of sight) in even the best-run agencies.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and articulate the biggest threats facing your agency
- Use a systems-approach to identify the ticking timebombs in your agency - and effectively defuse them
- Identify the root cause of bad an unintended outcomes
- Develop simple and realistic strategies to reduce officer injuries, damage to agency property, lawsuits, and unintended outcomes
- Police Chiefs
- Command personnel
- First-line supervisors
- Training coordinators and firearms instructors
- Any personnel with an interest or responsibility for safety management and keeping officers safe